US Flag The Valley Where I Was Born! US Flag

All Comments to E. RAY AUSTIN's files

Recent Comments

• (Anonymously) (Private)
    15 days ago
    Not absolutely sure, but I think my dad was serving with your group. SP 5 Terry Carver. 62nd maintenance BN shi1968-1970.
    Please email me at :...
    • (Anonymously) (Private)
      14 days ago
      Ray,
      The name does not ring a bell. The only guys that I vaguely recall were the ones in the artillery maintenance section. There were several other sections making up the battalion. I attached a picture of my crew to your email reply from me. One question I would have is what were the dates of Terry's service in Nam?
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    15 days ago
    Anyone who may have served with SP5 Terry Carver, please email me at :
  • Bill Wood (Private)
    29 days ago
    21-Left-To-Right: Dusty Williams, Kirk Stearns, Denny "Mac" McIntire, and "Doc" Hardy.Photo taken shortly after the "An My" assault.
    Looking for Dusty Williams.
    He was with my girlfriends uncle when he died.. Feb 6 1968
    PFC RL Koch
    KIA Binh Duong
    US army
    Any info would help
  • judy (Private)
    1 month ago
    Old- (56)
    Judy is girl
  • Judy (Private)
    1 month ago
    Old- (51)
    Judy back row behind Grandma.
  • Judy (Private)
    1 month ago
    (7) - Ellen AUSTIN Osborne, daughter of Thaddeus and Laura WALKER Austin
    Ellen Austin Osborne
  • E. Ray Austin (Private)
    1 month ago
    Old- (5)
    This picture looks like it was taken at the Glade Creek Cemetery?  Can anyone confirm that?
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    1 month ago
    17 - Last Japanese soldier to surrender.
    well donkey balls.

• (Anonymously) (Private)
      1 month ago
      Yea, he didn't even surrender, or even know that the war was over until 34 years!
  • Allen Prunty (Private)
    2 months ago
    Sharp Brothers Store - Elwood Sharp and Anna McDonald
    Anna McDonald is my mom... and I love this picture... she loved Uncle Elwood a lot and always wanted to go see him when we were in town.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      2 months ago
      Thanks Allen. I have so many fond memories of Elwood and his family, I spent a great deal of time in his store, both as I was growing up, and up until he closed it. After I went into the Army in 1964, every time I came home I always stopped by and said hello. Elwood had a small jug of Moonshine hid in his back room drink cooler and he always took me back for a sip when I'd stop by.  Loved that man.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    2 months ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    My mother Linda (Gibson) Jeffers has a photo of Dewel Gibson, a son of Wiley Gibson who died in a house fire and the child looks identical to Dewel.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    2 months ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    This looks like my grandpa, Wiley Gibson. Not sure if it is actually him.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    2 months ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    looks like Willie Gibson. I remember him from childhood
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    2 months ago
    1 - Gibson SIsters; Alice and Minnie
    They are left Alice Gibson Right ....Minnie Gibson Patterson. And yes they are Rosa Bell Harness Gibsons & Luther Gibson's daughters.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      2 months ago
      Thank you so much for sending this update.  I have moved some other pictures to this Album, look at the first 6 in this Album and comment on EACH picture and let me know what you think, especialle the 6th picture of the baby and man?

• (Anonymously) (Private)
    2 months ago
    Firebase 6 Looking SE - 1971
    Spent one pretty long afternoon there rigging a radio hut for pick up and waiting for a Chinook,.. that never showed. leftthe hut rigged and caught a ride back to Dak To.  Beautiful country for sure, but a ways from every thing else..
    pat dunn

Copyright © 1999-present. All rights reserved. This website is designed and maintained by me. E. Ray Austin, the Webmaster.

"The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsements by me or products or services contained therein"