US Flag The Valley Where I Was Born! US Flag

All Comments to E. RAY AUSTIN's files

Recent Comments

• Bill Wood (Private)
    4 days ago
    21-Left-To-Right: Dusty Williams, Kirk Stearns, Denny "Mac" McIntire, and "Doc" Hardy.Photo taken shortly after the "An My" assault.
    Looking for Dusty Williams.
    He was with my girlfriends uncle when he died.. Feb 6 1968
    PFC RL Koch
    KIA Binh Duong
    US army
    Any info would help
  • judy (Private)
    14 days ago
    Old- (56)
    Judy is girl
  • Judy (Private)
    14 days ago
    Old- (51)
    Judy back row behind Grandma.
  • Judy (Private)
    14 days ago
    (7) - Ellen AUSTIN Osborne, daughter of Thaddeus and Laura WALKER Austin
    Ellen Austin Osborne
  • E. Ray Austin (Private)
    15 days ago
    Old- (5)
    This picture looks like it was taken at the Glade Creek Cemetery?  Can anyone confirm that?
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    15 days ago
    17 - Last Japanese soldier to surrender.
    well donkey balls.

• (Anonymously) (Private)
      15 days ago
      Yea, he didn't even surrender, or even know that the war was over until 34 years!
  • Allen Prunty (Private)
    1 month ago
    Sharp Brothers Store - Elwood Sharp and Anna McDonald
    Anna McDonald is my mom... and I love this picture... she loved Uncle Elwood a lot and always wanted to go see him when we were in town.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      29 days ago
      Thanks Allen. I have so many fond memories of Elwood and his family, I spent a great deal of time in his store, both as I was growing up, and up until he closed it. After I went into the Army in 1964, every time I came home I always stopped by and said hello. Elwood had a small jug of Moonshine hid in his back room drink cooler and he always took me back for a sip when I'd stop by.  Loved that man.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    1 month ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    My mother Linda (Gibson) Jeffers has a photo of Dewel Gibson, a son of Wiley Gibson who died in a house fire and the child looks identical to Dewel.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    1 month ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    This looks like my grandpa, Wiley Gibson. Not sure if it is actually him.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    1 month ago
    2 - Wiley Gibson (1914-1999), and the baby may be a son or daughter.
    looks like Willie Gibson. I remember him from childhood
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    1 month ago
    1 - Gibson SIsters; Alice and Minnie
    They are left Alice Gibson Right ....Minnie Gibson Patterson. And yes they are Rosa Bell Harness Gibsons & Luther Gibson's daughters.
    • E. RAY AUSTIN Premium user United States (Private)
      1 month ago
      Thank you so much for sending this update.  I have moved some other pictures to this Album, look at the first 6 in this Album and comment on EACH picture and let me know what you think, especialle the 6th picture of the baby and man?

• (Anonymously) (Private)
    2 months ago
    Firebase 6 Looking SE - 1971
    Spent one pretty long afternoon there rigging a radio hut for pick up and waiting for a Chinook,.. that never showed. leftthe hut rigged and caught a ride back to Dak To.  Beautiful country for sure, but a ways from every thing else..
    pat dunn

• (Anonymously) (Private)
    3 years 9 months ago
    0067
    my family is from clinchmore and up the mnt on red ashe i remember going up there as a kid i would love to know if you have any pictures from the camp on red ashe or if anyone knew any of my family rosie (phillips) jeffers harrison phillips,martha phillips,rev.abe jeffers,mary jane jeffers,audie feasure jeffers if anyone has any pictures or info please let me know
    • willie buttram (Private)
      6 months ago

• willie buttram (Private)
    6 months ago
    0066
    I lived at Clinchmore in the 50s and 60s I remember the names only. Bud and feasure jeffere t
    I remember the names only. Bud and Feasure jeffers. They must have moved from Clinchmotr when I was very young

Copyright © 1999-present. All rights reserved. This website is designed and maintained by me. E. Ray Austin, the Webmaster.

"The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsements by me or products or services contained therein"